Return To Products
Online Tutorial Details:
The overall goal of this online tutorial is to help nurses and other members of the healthcare professions develop excellent documentation skills. This online tutorial was designed for both students who are just learning the principles of patient documentation and practicing professionals who wish to update and improve their charting skills.
The tutorial is divided into seven modules. The first six are instructional units. The final module is a test bank.
- Module 1: Introduction to Patient Documentation
- Module 2: The Importance of Effective Documentation
- Module 3: The Nursing Process and Effective Documentation
- Module 4: Major Components of Common Charting Systems
- Module 5: Principles of Expert Documentation
- Module 6: Guidelines for Avoiding Legal Pitfalls
- Module 7: Test Bank
The tests in the test bank cover all of the tutorial modules. Students are given their test results at the completion of each test accompanied by correct answers and rationale. Instructors can use these tests as pre- or post-tests. Test scores can be used to monitor student progress and mastery of the subject matter. Test results are recorded in databases on the EDGT server and are available for retrieval and review by both instructors and students.
At the completion of this tutorial, the learner will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of nursing documentation.
- Explain how the nursing process can help nurses effectively document patient problems.
- Describe the major components of common charting systems.
- Adhere to the principles of expert nursing documentation.
- Identify the common legal pitfalls of nursing documentation.
Evaluate it before you buy!
Preview this complete online tutorial and its tests for free! You can order the 30-Day Free Evaluation in the Products area of our website. With this free evaluation, you can see if this online tutorial meets the learning needs of your students.
License and Pricing:
The purchase price includes an unlimited number of users at the site of purchase for a period of one year. Additional campuses may purchase access to the tutorial for half price.
How To Order, Your Choice...
QNO Order online:
Browse our tutorial products right here on EDGT.com and purchase products using our secure shopping cart. We accept major credit cards, purchase orders, and checks.
dFax your order:
Simply print our order form and fax your order to:
630-734-8447 (Chicago Area)
m Mail your order:
Not as high-tech, but reliable! Simply print our order form and mail your order to:
P.O. Box 9564
Naperville, IL 60567-0654
m Email your order:
Email the name of the products, your billing address, shipping address, and contact information to:
c Phone in your order:
Talk to a live person! You can phone in your order:
888-882-9800 (Toll Free)
630-734-8414 (Chicago Area)